When monsoon knocks at the door it brings much relief from the scorching heat. However, it also welcomes a multitude of health problems with it. Cold, viral fever, allergies, asthma
, dandruff and many more illnesses begin to affect us. Fortunately, there is a lot of Ayurvedic remedies you can do at home to treat these monsoon diseases.
Cure Common Cold
- Boil Kalonji (Nigella seeds) in a glass of water until the quantity of water reduces to 1 cup. Drink this herbal hot water several times a day. It will help to reduce phlegm and cough and clear your clogged nose.
- Mix one to two grams of black pepper powder with honey and take the decoction thrice daily to cure a common cold.
- Saute some turmeric powder on a girdle (tava) and consume a teaspoon of it with hot water or honey every morning and before bedtime.
Sooth Your Sore Throat
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt dissolved in one glass of warm water and gargle with this concoction at least three to four times a day to soothe your sore throat.
- Boil some spinach leaves in water and gargle with hot spinach water to cure your sore throat.
Cure Eye Allergies
- Dip a cotton cloth in the ice cold water and put it around the eyes for 2-3 minutes. Repeat this for 10 minutes for three to four times a day. This will help you get relief from red eyes.
- Sliced cucumber and put it on your eyes for around 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse off your eyes with cold water to resolve eye redness, irritation, and inflammation.
- Sip on green tea twice a day. Loaded with antioxidants, green tea has the ability to reduce the growth of cancer cells.
- Include basil and cumin seeds in your food as these are rich in antioxidants, iron, Vitamins A, and C, which help boost the immune system.
Get Rid of Dandruff
- Rub sour curd with salt into the hair and wash after 15-20 minutes. Dandruff will say bye-bye to your precious locks.
- Boil beetroot leaves in water and wash your hair with it to kill lice and get rid of dandruff.
Resolve skin rashes
- Apply aloe vera gel over the skin rash. It’s proven beneficial as a curing agent for skin diseases caused by rain.
- Apply a mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil on the affected area. You can apply this concoction on your face daily before sleeping to say bye-bye to the monsoon rashes and pimples.
- Mix watermelon juice with milk powder and apply it on the skin during monsoon to soothe your skin from inside-out.
Follow the above home remedies in case you get troubled with any of the monsoon maladies to get relief naturally. Enjoy the rain!
For any query related to allergies and seasonal infections consult an Ayurveda Specialist at www.healthcaremagic.com